2019 Scholarship Announcement
Divine Mercy Human Development Foundation
The Divine Mercy Human Development Foundation (DMHDF), is a non-political, non-profit 501 (C) (3) charitable organization that strongly believes in the poor’s capacity to be free from the ravages of poverty when given the opportunity. DMHDF’s mission is to provide education and other opportunities to the disadvantaged to fully develop their potential and thus improve their quality of life, in keeping with their dignity as children of God.
The Foundation is offering nine (9) $1,000.00 scholarship awards during the Fall 2019 semester for a college education program, one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship award for a vocational education program for school year 2019-2020 and five (5) scholarships for Catholic high school education. Scholarships will be awarded no later than July 2019.
1. Student must be enrolled and attending an accredited college, university or Catholic high school. This includes community college or technical schools.
2. College student must be currently enrolled in at least twelve units. (Special consideration may be granted to student enrolled in eleven units).
3. College and High School student must hold at least a 2.5 overall grade point average (GPA).
4. Application and supporting documents must be typewritten.
Award selection is very competitive and will be based on the following factors:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Work/Volunteer Experience
- Financial Needs
- Personal Goal Essay
- Financial Need Form
- Scholarship Application
- Official or Unofficial Transcript which includes cumulative GPA. An official transcript will be required by July 12, 2019. If official transcript is not received by July 12, 2019, scholarship award will be rescinded.
- Current class schedule for Spring 2019 semester/quarter, which shows number of units enrolled.
- Dated letter of recommendation from someone not related to you (preferably from your professor, supervisor or community leader).
- Personal Goal Essay
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications and required documents must be received on Friday, May 3, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Mailing address:Scholarship CommitteeDivine Mercy Human Development FoundationP.O. Box 293221Sacramento, CA 95829
- Notification letters will be mailed or emailed to the applicant's current address or email provided on the application.
Click below to download College or High School Scholarship Application Form.