2017 Scholarship Application Form
Application due date is EXTENDED to May 15, 2017.
The Divine Mercy Human Development Foundation (DMHDF), is a non-political, non-profit 501 (C) (3) charitable organization that strongly believes in the poor’s capacity to be free from the ravages of poverty when given the opportunity. DMHDF’s mission is to provide education and other opportunities to the disadvantaged to fully develop their potential and thus improve their quality of life, in keeping with their dignity as children of God.
The Foundation is offering six (6) $1,000.00 scholarship awards during the Fall 2017 semester for a college education program, one (1) $1,000.00 scholarship award for a technical education program for school year 2017-2018 and four (4) scholarships for Catholic high school education. Scholarships will be awarded no later than August 2017.
· Student must be a resident of California;
· For College applicants: Student must be a high school senior or in college with a GPA of 3.0 or above and already enrolled in the school of his/her choice;
· For Technical Education applicants: Student must be a high school senior or in college with a GPA of 2.0 or above and already enrolled in the school of his/her choice;
· For Catholic High School applicants: Students must be currently in the 8th grade with a GPA of 3.0. They must show proof that they have been accepted to a Catholic school to be eligible. Students already in high school with a GPA of 3.0 may also apply IF they are at risk of not continuing their studies in a Catholic school due to financial constraints.
· Student must be in need of financial assistance as determined by the Divine Mercy Human Development Foundation Scholarship Committee; and
· Student must have completed a Scholarship Application Form, two Reference Questionnaires, and a Financial Need Form.
- Application due date for the scholarships is EXTENDED to May 15, 2017.